Yin & Yang

Sarah is Yin.  I am Yang.

"Yin is characterized as slow, soft, yielding, diffuse, cold, wet, and passive; and is associated with water, earth, the moon, femininity and nighttime.

Yang, by contrast, is fast, hard, solid, focused, hot, dry, and aggressive; and is associated with fire, sky, the sun, masculinity and daytime.


Source: Wikipedia


You may have already gathered that by our posts - we balance each other.  I am very fortunate to have Sarah as Yin in our relationship.  When we find ourselves together for long periods of time, I continually see how we balance each other in all we do.

I tend to be 'go go go', and Sarah you could say a 'little' less so....grin.  I like to set broad goals and run hard to ensure they are met.  Sarah will sit back, and enjoy the journey.  I am very analytical, and analyze everything.  Sarah grabs ahold of the moment and sees/enjoys the emotional side.

The important part is we are both continually learning to appreciate each other.  It will never end.  This is critical as we begin to write the next chapter in our life.  A boat is close quarters.  If we didn't have the Yin & Yang, and APPRECIATE these differences...I may find myself being towed behind in the dingy...daily....

OK, so now onto the Yang side of our blog.  I thought I would post a quick timeline on what to expect over the next six months.  One craving I found over the past couple of years from reading other blogs...was the desire for frequent entries.  I really enjoyed living vicariously through others as they bought their boat..and sailed to various places around the world.

So, here are some guiding principals we have in place for our site:



Below is a high level overview on our topics by month.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Skinny Dipping

Ulithi Atoll, Federated States of Micronesia (FSM)

Off the Beaten Path - Cruising Sumatra's West Coast!