Let's Get Physical


My doctor and I
"Drop your pants." "Put your elbows on the table." "Relax."

I knew I was in trouble when I walked into the examination room and saw the KY and rubber gloves neatly laid out on a stainless steel tray.  As hard as I tried to assure the doctor I was 'OK'...it didn't help.

So what does this have to do with sailing??  A lot.  We are getting rigourous health checks, immunizations, and more health checks to ensure we are healthy and mitigate any potential health issues while we are away.

The doctor proclaimed I was in 'great' health and he would 'See me next year!'.  Since I was going to be sailing in remote areas, he wanted to be thorough...and handed me Dr. Orders for a...colonoscopy!!  NICE.  I will never, ever, ever tell my doctor again I am doing something as exotic as sailing in remote places with limited health care...ever, ever again!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ulithi Atoll, Federated States of Micronesia (FSM)

Skinny Dipping

Off the Beaten Path - Cruising Sumatra's West Coast!